Friday, June 4, 2010

Support one of Flamingo's Own!



Click here ---> http://kck.st/8ZRk5U

Words from Mark:
About this project:
Howdy! My name is Mark Vaughan Kay and I am singer-songwriter currently based out of the Tampa, FL area. The long and short of it is, music is my life. It's my heartbeat, my compass and my best friend in my time of need.. But I am no audio engineer. My finalized products always seem to lack that professional polish. And the eternal perfectionist that I am, I find it hard to let my "children go to school" without every hair in the right place. :) So that's where you, dear Kickstarter and it's amazing patrons, come in. I've tried countless times to get into a professional studio so I could simply worry about the artistry and the vision and let someone else worry about where the dials are positioned and what it takes to get the perfect amount of reverb without sounding like a lamb trapped in a dark, cavernous tunnel. A friend once told me "Don't worry about what keeps planes in the air. That's for someone else to figure out. You just keep writing beautiful music." That's exactly how I feel trying to get the exact right feel in my home studio. The problem with professional studios has always been funding. It comes and goes. Just when I'm on the cusp of breaking through to the other side, there's always some gremlin rearing it's ugly head to thwart my momentum. Whether it's my car breaking down, my dog getting sick or getting laid-off, it has been one silly obstacle after another. But that's okay because it's those experiences that lend themself to creation, the turmoil, the persistent hope, my determination to never give up.
I've been working with Dan Smith and Bay Sound Studios in the Tampa market to get this album finished. It will be 10 tracks of well-balanced rock-esque music, atmospheric, textured and melodic. We somewhat finished one track, the swaggery "Gone," before my funding exploded in my face. There are 9 other tracks begging to be finished, but it takes time, and studio time takes money. If it came down to living in my car, I'd do it, but Jewel already milked that storyline for all it's worth and then I'd just seem like a copycat.
The money raised here at Kickstarter will go towards the studio time necessary to complete the LP, as well as the mixing, mastering and other associated costs necessary to create a physical copy of the album, all wrapped in cellophane for you to fight with. They do make those clever CD opening blade thingies, but that's not nearly as fun as using your teeth. There will be some truly excellent rewards along the way, and they will evolve throughout the process. I would never expect you to just give me something for nothing, so I am fully committed to paying you back on your investment. Digital downloads, t-shirts, breakfast cereal, album credits, cover songs and of course the actual album itself are just some of the neat gifts I've got planned to thank all of you for your support.
THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE! This is a dream I've had for a very long time and to be this close to seeing it materialize is beyond words and beyond music.

Project location: Tampa, FL


No comments:

Post a Comment